Shreekant Turmeric Powder
|Packaging Type Available||Packets|
|Packaging Size Available(In Kg/In g)||5kg,1kg,500gm,200gm,100gm,50gm.|
It is used in almost all the curries and gravy dishes. It gives rich color and a unique flavour to the food. It boosts immunity factor and also used in beauty products. It boosts glow factor as well.
Turmeric powder is a bright yellow powder made by dry grinding of mature turmeric rhizomes (underground stems). The use of turmeric for coloring and flavoring food, for cosmetic purposes and for medicinal properties dates back to the ancient Vedic culture of India. Used in almost all Indian curries, this spice has almost no calories (1 tablespoon = 24 calories) and zero cholesterol. It is rich in dietary fiber, iron, potassium, magnesium and vitamin B6.
How to Store
• Turmeric powder should be stored in a cool and dry place away from sunlight.
• Too much heat will volatilise and dissipate its aromatic essential oils, while high humidity will cause it to cake. Sunlight will cause it to fade.
• Older stock should always be used first.
• Tightly close the container after each use to retain its aroma and flavour.
• Turmeric powder is an effective remedy for chronic cough, cold and throat irritations. Milk boiled with a pinch of turmeric powder and ajwain had with a little honey gives immediate relief.
• Turmeric powder mixed with lime and salt helps in treating sprains and swellings.
• Turmeric powder is often used to stop the blood run resulting from a knife cut or other small wounds.
• Curcumin, a potent antioxidant, is believed to be the most bioactive and soothing portion of turmeric..